Injured in the ADF?

If you are a Veteran or current/former ADF member, and have an injury or illness causally related to your ADF service, or you were discharged on medical grounds, you may be entitled to benefits you did not even know about.

There are four Acts that provide compensation coverage for current and former members of the ADF. They are:

• Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA)
• Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRCA)
• Military Compensation Act 1994 (MCA)
• Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA)

Which Act applies to me? Follow this link to an Eligibility comparison table Entitlement Self Assessment

For further information on the VEA, SRCA & MRCA, go the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website at

Pensions - Disability, Service and War Widows

Our Pensions Officer is available to assist you with submitting and updating Disability Pensions, War Widows Pensions, Service Pensions, other allowances provided by DVA, as well as Advocacy services for Veterans' Review Board applications. An appointment is preferred for pension interviews but simple queries may be able to be answered over the telephone.

When you do speak with a Pensions Officer or Advocate face-to-face, you will need to have available the following documents and information. You may wish to begin gathering these even before you contact us. They are:

• Proof of Identity (POI). The usual 100 points needed to open a bank account is satisfactory.
• Official numbers and cards. DVA number if issued; White or Gold treatment card; Medicare card; and copies of any previous correspondence with DVA.
• Military service documentation. An official Record of Service (including date of enlistment, date of discharge and the dates of any operational service) will have been issued you to you at some point; all military medical documentation associated with your injury/condition; all medical documentation associated with your injury/condition since discharge (if you are able to get them, Specialist reports can be very important to your case).

All our pensions and welfare staff are unpaid volunteers. They have all served in the Australian Defence Force, and are trained under the Training & Information Program (TIP), which is funded by the federal Department of Veterans Affairs.

Contact Us

The Radar Branch Pension Officer is a TIP trained Advocate Level 4 and can advise you of your entitlement to benefits according to your service history, even if you are not a current member.

The Pension officer (Bill Forsbey) is available via email at or on 0411 266 932. Under special circumstances, the Pensions Officer will visit the member at home.


Australian Defence Force Assistance Trust

If you know someone in the Defence community who is struggling to meet financial commitments as a result of incapacity, death or disability, we may be able to help.

The Australian Defence Force Assistance Trust is a charity helping current and former members of the Australian Army, Navy and Air Force, as well as their families following the death or severe injury of their loved one as a result of service with the ADF, particularly in recent conflicts.

Veterans, Defence members, and their families sometimes struggle to deal with financial burdens which can arise when circumstances change and affect earning capacity, or once existing entitlements no longer provide adequate support.

Some examples of the help available include financial assistance for:

a. Essential living expenses

b. Education or retraining for ADF members, veterans, or their dependents

c. Medical treatment

d. Special needs support

e. Psychological health treatment, including for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

f. Carers' assistance